Friday, November 28, 2014

Ara-basking in New Backsplash

We took the backsplash plunge! While I can infinitely explore the "what ifs" of most design decisions, my husband balances this tendency. After another dizzying visit to Floor & Decor (aisle upon aisle of options; it's overwhelming and amazing all at once!), where I searched for the "perfect" choice, he reminded me that there was more than one perfect choice. That many different tiles would look great in our kitchen, and it was a matter of making a decision and moving on. That we wouldn't be "wrong." Sage words. That led to:


It's the "Arabesque Lantern White Porcelain Mosaic" from Floor & Decor. Just $3.97 a sheet! Used their silver grout, which is just a little lighter than the cabinets. Easier to clean than white, and I like the contrast. The tiles themselves complement the farm sink, and have a simple elegance to them. 

While there are probably a million other tile combos that would have worked, I now have something that I love and the bonus of knowing we saved a ton (our other tile considerations were $10-$30 per sheet). I now find myself working from the breakfast bar to admire the end result, basking in the backsplash. 


No comments:

Post a Comment