Thursday, October 3, 2013

New (Old) Stomping Grounds

I'm a bit of a blogging nomad. My first search for a blogging platform came 4 years ago as I sought a home for capturing everything that went into planning my wedding. I went through the various bridal website platforms, a few blogging sites and eventually landed here. Well, at the time, Blogspot: I Do To DIY.

Ah, those early days of domesication. Back when I heard that a marriage takes work, I thought it was meant in a 9-to-5, cushy desk job sort of way. Three years in and I'm a little wiser. Now I know it's roll up your sleeves, put on your hard hat and descend into the mine type of work. I mean, don't get me wrong. The pay is decent and the benefit package is pretty sweet, but...it's for real work.

And when the canary stops singing, it's not every man for himself, you have a family to dig out and bring back up with you. No wonder I'm exhausted all the time!

Or maybe that's because I stay up late blogging and watching HGTV. Yeah, that may have something to do with it too.

Wait. I digress. Marriage led to a new house, "our house," which led to "our" projects. Decks to build, gardens to start, furniture to find and refinish. Wanting to track the process, I wound up on Tumblr, but eventually wanted something more word friendly. A few rounds of Googling and here I am, back where I started. Thanks for having me back, Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment